Friday, December 4, 2009

Why I love my coworkers

Dana: (eyes turn up and jaw drops gently) "Look! It's the holiday train!"

You'd really have thought there was a UFO out our window by the way everyone ran to look outside.
And there, on the el track 20 feet away from our building, a set of train cars passes decked out with lights and Santas and snowflakes. I think if our gasps weren't so loud, we could've heard carols jingling softly.

Ori: "It's amazing."
Dana: still speechless and gaping.
Ori: "I'd love to ride on the Santa train. I'm into elves and sh*t."
Me: (laughing) "Elves? You think there are elves on that train?"
Ori: "Yeah, like small people just sitting there ... and they'd give me cookies and milk."
Dana: (snaps into reality for a second) "I don't think they are allowed to give away milk on the CTA. I would probably not accept milk from a stranger on the train."

On one of our 13-hour Fridays, this is holiday magic.

2 comments:

  1. I love the holiday train. I think I'd only seen it once before this year and I don't think it looked nearly as awesome, or at least I don't remember it the same. Now I've already seen it twice and it makes me so happy just thinking about it.

    This is a great city to celebrate Christmas in, with the train and the Christkindlmarket and all the lights everywhere. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. the holiday train always as the ability to hit you @ the BEST moment!

    ReplyDelete