Friday, May 27, 2011

"Hi, this is Taylor, and you have thirty seconds after the beep."

That's all you'd probably get from me on the phone these days.
Within May and June I'll have been to Michigan three times,
Wisconsin twice, Iowa once, a retreat for work, going to Jake's shows,
and for some wild reason planning a neighborhood picnic on my one night home.

I'll only be home for one solid week in May and June.
I'm starting to miss my rich, intricate, hermit life.
This season is pushing me beyond my comforts.
I'm riding the wave and keeping my eyes open.

I really didn't want to write about the failed rapture.
But one day I found myself driving 6 hours from northern Michigan straight to the airport in Chicago, from where I flew to Iowa for a 24 hour visit. It was 6 pm. And when we hit some weather in the air, I did honestly think "This could be it." This plane could be Jesus's first stop in the atmosphere on his way down to earth! 


Alas, we all know how that story ended.
But for a moment there ...


No comments:

Post a Comment