Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Desert Place

Blessed be Your name 
In the land that is plentiful
Where your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

AND 
Blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name


That is one of my all-time favorite songs.
It's always relevant. It's always my cry-
that night and day and in joy or aches I would Bless His name.

So how do I loose sight of that?
Why am I shaken when I stop "feeling" my spirituality?

I have nothing to give to God that He doesn't already own.
I have nothing... I can leave with nothing.
The point is that I can still give myself to Him.
I want to joyfully give all of me, in all my nothingness, to God.
If I feel something- wonderful!
If I don't - Praises still to God!

I felt empty and nothing was filling me.
God spoke to me through Luisa, 
she was looking for God's face; seeking.
Luisa was looking for God's face. 
I wanted to, too.

I was incredibly blessed by community tonight. 
God showed me that I've become way too concerned with myself and my performance.
He is the one who makes it happen.
I wouldn't want it any other way.

Tonight, when we sang my favorite song, my very sore throat kept me from singing.
I closed my eyes and listened.
The voices around me, people I know and love praising God, that was His face!
I finally saw God's face.

Stripped of my voice, nothing to call out with.
Nothing to praise with.
I had nothing, I was nothing.
Surrounded by God's people,
By God's grace,
I saw His face!

No comments:

Post a Comment