This fall I was tempted with dreams of mountains
and in my hesitation I thought I lost my surroundings,
but my friend and mentor Erin suggested I might be in the foothills.
I know I am on my way,
but the big view is gone, I am ascending, I'm part of it.
Since then Erin has brought beautiful Stella into this world,
and I think I remain in the foothills.
It's hard to say.
I only catch glimpses of the grandeur, my eyes are in front of my toes,
sometimes they scale to my next camp
but I have no business there until I do everything I can here.
Wherever I am, Hebrews is my guide.
I read Hebrews 10, sometimes 9 or 11, everyday.
Those notes will hopefully follow in more detail,
I keep track in my more personal writings.
One thing I can say is I have found blessings upon blessings
in my friendships and family members.
The spirit needs connection and nothing teaches like loneliness.
I am so grateful.
For the means of communication
I have decided to include tales of the trails on this blog.
Everyday I grow father away from facebook,
but I would like to keep those who inquire in the know.
This will be simple, no frills,
and I am not trying to impress anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment