Friday, January 30, 2009

Perfected: Like Jesus

"Although He was a son, 
He learned obedience from what He suffered and,
once made perfect, 
He became the source of eternal salvation
for all who obey Him."
Hebrews 5:8-9


Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the examples Jesus set for us.
Isn't that why we're all following Him anyway?
Sure, we're following Him into eternity with God, but there is more
and it starts taking place now.

Today I follow His example,
by accepting God's will in every part of my life.
Today I follow Him,
through any pain or confusion I face.

I can never wrap my mind around what Jesus faced.
We're talking about the conversion of Native Mexicans to Christianity, 
in my class.
Can you imagine trading all your gods, all your sacrifices, a great gap
between Heaven and yourself...
for one Man, one God, one who sacrificed Himself so nothing more was
needed?

Jesus did so much (understatement.)
He did it by allowing Himself to suffer for God's will so He could be
perfected.
What an example. Surely I can try to follow Him, my life sufferings
are trivial compared to His.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by
such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and
the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race marked out for us."
Hebrews 12:1




I love that image of running.
With perseverance.
The race marked out for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment