Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Great news and news

So I am still in the middle of a pretty difficult week--by the way where did Monday and Tuesday go? However ...

I have some great news!

This prince will soon be living in Chicago:




And if I can share ... this article won me an honorable mention for an in-depth article at the Illinois College Press Association conference this weekend. It was incredibly humbling to be mentioned because I've learned so much while working at the paper and it's honestly taken a lot out of me. It's just good to know someone out there actually read it, passive voice and all, you know?

(On a side note, you know how when you think about a word for too long it looses its meaning and simply looks like letters? I haven't had that happen to me in a while, but right now the word "news" looks completely new to me!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the recognition! That's so great! Also, guess what? I love finger mustaches. About once a year I do "stache day" and get as many people to join me in drawing little curlicues on their fingers. I'm so excited that you do this too!

    ReplyDelete