Friday, March 5, 2010

FITB Friday


I am starting to love this tradition Lauren started! And I am happy that this will be my last post for a week. I was offered a certain ministry position and I am going to take a media fast while I discern whether or not to accept the job. Pray for me, if you have it in your hearts. I want to follow God and I can only do so when I hear his voice. Also if you are doing any sort of liturgical observation of the Lenten season, join me in prayer for the prejudices and favoritism in our hearts.

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged
by the law that gives freedom,
because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone
who has not been merciful.
Mercy triumphs over judgment!
James 2:12,13


1. One thing I MUST do before I die is be a mom, like Lauren said. I agree that it's probably the most mysterious, challenging and amazing thing a person can devote their life to .

2. I would rather be outside than inside any day.

3. If I could give my younger self one piece of advice it would be: Be true to who you are, give your emotions the attention they are worth and let the chips fall where they may. Things are wonderful here in the future, you don't want anything to go any differently .

4. If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd pay my student loans and buy a house in the best/our current part of Chicago. (Preferably a crafstman home on the lake) .

5. The best surprise ever was last week when Jake swept the floor for me. I'm not hard to please .

6. My biggest fault is letting anxiety get the best of me .

7. My biggest strength is my ability to "peace out" when I am anxious and stressed. It was important to me that I develop this and though I still fall short very often--as stated in number 6--I have harvested a discipline of peace in my heart so rich that I can switch my mind to this state in the midst of almost any situation. My next goal is to help others find peace, too .

No comments:

Post a Comment