I've been trying to think lately about what it is that makes marriage so difficult sometimes.
And conversely, what it is in those shimmering moments that can make you utterly and completely forget how difficult it can be.
(The caveat here being that I've only been a married woman for almost 10 months.)
We are recklessly in love. Of that, I have no doubt. We genuinely want what is best for the other. We have a Lord who extends infinite grace upon us, which makes it even more possible to have grace and forgiveness toward one another. We have a lot going for us.
But if I had to name the arch-enemy of love, it would be selfishness.
Is that perhaps because love is the most offensive opposition of selfishness?
Imagine all of the manifestations of selfishness that are possible in a human being.
Our only weapon against them, is love.
No comments:
Post a Comment