How was your weekend?
Mine was fabulous, let me tell you.
After a whirlwind of weeks of planning, two Chicago InterVarsity chapters gathered together for our fall retreat.
Everything we talked about and prayed about was focused on the idea that these students' lives are transformed by Jesus and that as a community they are sent to transform their campus.
We sang, we ate lots of carbs, we slept on very hard floors under emergency lights that would not turn off (and this little lady needs to sleep in complete darkness).
It was a holy, holy, holy weekend.
Truly, I'll joke about sleeping under a fluorescent light, using my fleece sleeve as a mask because I'm too claustrophobic to pull the blankets over my head ... but I would do it again and again.
The church where we held our retreat was incredibly hospitable.
And I didn't move to sleep on a couch in the dark hall out of solidarity with my students ... and also because it seemed a little scary to sleep alone in a huge room!
Well let's get to that part about humility, shall we?
I'd like to show you these hilarious screen shots of me giving a talk.
I have to admit, I was a little surprised (pleasantly) to see so much movement, because my one of my coworkers nicely told me I can be a little too stoic and I honestly know I usually look like this:
Although I cringed like crazy, I learned a lot by watching a recording of my self.
Happy Monday!





sounds like it was heavenly. congrats on all your hard work coming to fruition.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that the conference went so well! And, I chuckled when I looked at the photos of you giving a talk. Thanks!
ReplyDelete