Friday, December 17, 2010

Home this morning from a profoundly good conference.
Good is the best word for it.

I entered expectantly.
Expecting laughter with friends, prayer, and to be cared for.
I received all of those things.
I even cried for the first time in a long time,
(I learned this from my friend Karen.) It felt great.

We prayed often & one time while singing an unexpected prayer sprouted from my heart. I repeated it a few times to myself and then I was covered in assurance. I know with every bone in my body that the Lord heard that prayer, and He plans to fulfill it.

That doesn't happen very often for me, especially not lately.


I left desiring to spend more time with friends & more time with Jesus.
(And much less time on other distractions from the good & beautiful.)
I left desiring forgiveness and reconciliation.

I left convinced that my focus must shift
from the details of what exactly I am doing
and where exactly I am going ...
into a passion for devoting myself joyfully to whatever task is entrusted to me.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it! ...Isn't that the tree in my house? Did you come over?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree!!!! i wonder who's that was? who could have decorated it so lovingly to make it so beautiful??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to read your thoughts, friend. I'll be back the 8th or so. I was just thinking about you the other day. Let's get together, dear. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I feel honored that I am inspiring people everywhere to tear up. I hope we can share tissues in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post and what a gorgeous tree! (and yes, i loved the music you sent my way).

    ReplyDelete