It dawned on me the other night how pivotal each book read is in comprising a year.
I've read a lot of fiction and a lot of work-related books and truly, I loved them all!
Here's a collage of the books I recall finishing, in the approximate order I read them.
2010, this is our story:
When I look at those covers, it's like my whole year flashing before me.
Books lend wisdom and escape, but they mean hardly anything if they don't affect what you do the moments when you're not reading. Each of these books changed a little (or big) part of me.
Books I recall trying to read but not finishing include The Unbearable Lightness of Being (I'll try again!), Lies My Teacher Told Me, The Bean Trees, and No Country for Old Men (I love Cormac McCarthy but this was just a little too much for me).
I was reluctant to read 7 Habits.
Heart Soul Mind Strength really surprised me.
My top three are Gilead, Hearing God and The Poisonwood Bible.
I am giddy at the thought of what my collage will look like next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment