Tuesday, December 13, 2011

almost 5 years ago


Monday, April 02, 2007
Fri Sat 218   
 Fri Sat 212
Fri Sat 219 Fri Sat 204
Fri Sat 271 Fri Sat 305
Fri Sat 076  Fri Sat 065
Fri Sat 091
Fri Sat 062
Fri Sat 111
Sun 044
Sun 017
  Sun 071
Sun 083 Sun 079

SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND MONDAY.
Saturday I had french toast that was out of this world!
Then the hippies took me to The Crocker Museum which
inspired me a great deal. I've now got tons of ideas about
what to do with my millions of pictures
AND how to paint my bathroom. (I know, Olivia, finally!)
Soon after the museum, we hit the road. More breathtaking
scenery on the way to Calistoga, because it's the wine country. 
We stayed at a very nice hotel with a spa and such, but I took a bath
because I forgot my bathingsuit. This just isn't usually the type of vacation
where I bring my bathingsuit.


Sunday, we left wine country and headed into SFO.
On the way we stopped in Sausalito, which is the most picturesque
little city on the bay. Being a huge tourist location, I loved being immersed
in a pool of languages and very European looking families.
The whole city is stretched right along the water with a great view of
the bridge and Alcatraz. And a man was balancing rocks on the shore
without any glue! I had coconut sorbet and that made my afternoon!
Next stop was across the Golden Gate and into Ghirardelli Square.
A funny panhandler was on the corner. Last year he played jazz sax,
this year he was rapping and although it was cute, he was too forceful
for my taste (...in the art of bumming?)

My dad is becoming vastly interested in art galleries. It's fun. But he buys so
many of their books saying "Oh! Somebody will enjoy this." He says
the books are coffee table art - yet, our only coffee table is still being used
as a home for our little Christmas tree. (A real tree, yes. I'll expand another time.)
Today is Monday. We plan on doing the windows for our house on Poplar.
It's going to be a non-vacationy day. That's fine with me :)




Editor's notes:
I love reading my old writing. I remember showing my dad Death Cab for Cutie on the drive through wine country, via some pretty poor radio reception. Also, I never bring my bathing suits on vacation, still 4.5 years later. I don't quite know why.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you say that you never bring your bathing suit. Bethany ALWAYS brought her bathing suit, no matter where she was going. She told me once it had become a sort of comfort-blanket thing, although I think it started out of being prepared for anything.

    ReplyDelete