Monday, December 12, 2011

let's go back to 18


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Joy of Jetlag

The tough stuff:
Jetlag killed us.We left MI at four in the morning and got to CA before eleven in the morning.I mean it is great great great to pick right up and start our day.But all the coffee, light eating and lack of sleep forced my will power to pick up the slack that my muscles left.
I find it best to simply push on, go to bed a little early 
and get right on schedule.
We kept the day low key,
visited my first elementary school (which is very sentimental for me),visited Main St. Coffee (more childhood sentimentality),we found the Nothing But Noodles equivalent of Mexian food,and took a walk around some little San Carlos shops.I even got a jog in :)
It's almost eight here, and ten something back home. Bed soon.
Love to everyone, my condolences for your attendance in school.I'm so so so ecstatic to be here!






Friday, March 30, 2007

Fri Sat 056 Fri Sat 123
Fri Sat 167   
Fri Sat 202 Fri Sat 089
Fri Sat 196 Fri Sat 200
Yesterday and today.
Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!
Let's see ... My dad has a lead foot and it kind of scared me in the mountains.
We're adventuring plenty and seeing lots of familiar faces.
Thursday was a trip through the mountains to Santa Cruz.
On the way we stopped for a favorite breakfast at the infamous Alice's. We also took Highway 1, in all of its cliff and beachy splendor.The drive is so beautiful and I hadn't gotten my new sunblock so I gotsome sun for the first time in years. (By now, I've found some spf 50.)
On Friday we drove up to see friends in Sacramento.
I went antiquing and actually found these darling starfish ear rings. That drive was not so fun because the traffic was terrible. But dinnerand a night in the city's Old Town was great fun. That fun dragon househas, apparently, been a project in the making for about 20 years. Verycool. Nothing like staying the night in a real home, either. Especiallywhen the home is owned and fully decorated by a couple of trinket-loving,yard-sale-going, organic using hippies.
At home or far away, I hope you're having an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment