Saturday, April 07, 2007
I was on my own most of Tuesday, until we went
downtown to see Jersey Boys. I didn't take too many
pictures, I mostly spent time around the tourist grave-yard
known as Pier 39. It was good for people watching.
I liked having some alone time and I even made a friend.
The show was great and I had an incredible dessert.
downtown to see Jersey Boys. I didn't take too many
pictures, I mostly spent time around the tourist grave-yard
known as Pier 39. It was good for people watching.
I liked having some alone time and I even made a friend.
The show was great and I had an incredible dessert.
We took many many many pictures Wednesday.
My dad and I each brought our cameras out,
because it was our last day and we're sentimental folk.
The fence pictures are of us attempting to get into a
construction area of Ghirardelli Square where our
fountain is that we traditionally take our picture with.
*
Something I didn't share earlier was about my trip to Peet's Coffee.
My dad used to be a regular "bencher" and now, ten years later, we
went back and his old gang still sits outside the coffee shop and talks
(and talks and talks and talks)!
Most of them are white haired, my dad is the youngest of the gang.
He ditched me for a while after one of his trips into the coffee shop
and I stayed outside to talk for about an hour, alone. The really cool
thing is how I never had to get up or start a conversation, different people
just came to me. Probably because I was a guest. As feckless as this all
may sound, it actually changed my life. Some of the people I spoke with
had such extreme opinions and came off very smart, had I not been a
little guarded, it would have been easy to fall for what they were saying. I
still think what they said was very valuable but I find many rebuts. The
life changing part was how I was challenges to listen to very intelligent people,
but hold my own and stick up for what I believe in, without being a jerk.
I left three hours later, completely speechless.
*
And I have a great story that happened five hours before
our flight was set to take off. So, we think we found the perfect
parkins spot. Two hours free for 8am-4pm and 6pm-9pm. It
being two, we figured it was free until four, didn't count again until
six and then free until eight. WRONG. We come back at five thirty
only to see a completely empty street. It was towed.To wrap this
up, we took a very speedy cab ride to the car pound and paid
$188.25 to get the car back. Add another $60 for the ticket,
and with cab fair... my dad said that was the fastest $300 he
had ever spent. However, my dad is trying to pretend that he
My dad and I each brought our cameras out,
because it was our last day and we're sentimental folk.
The fence pictures are of us attempting to get into a
construction area of Ghirardelli Square where our
fountain is that we traditionally take our picture with.
*
Something I didn't share earlier was about my trip to Peet's Coffee.
My dad used to be a regular "bencher" and now, ten years later, we
went back and his old gang still sits outside the coffee shop and talks
(and talks and talks and talks)!
Most of them are white haired, my dad is the youngest of the gang.
He ditched me for a while after one of his trips into the coffee shop
and I stayed outside to talk for about an hour, alone. The really cool
thing is how I never had to get up or start a conversation, different people
just came to me. Probably because I was a guest. As feckless as this all
may sound, it actually changed my life. Some of the people I spoke with
had such extreme opinions and came off very smart, had I not been a
little guarded, it would have been easy to fall for what they were saying. I
still think what they said was very valuable but I find many rebuts. The
life changing part was how I was challenges to listen to very intelligent people,
but hold my own and stick up for what I believe in, without being a jerk.
I left three hours later, completely speechless.
*
And I have a great story that happened five hours before
our flight was set to take off. So, we think we found the perfect
parkins spot. Two hours free for 8am-4pm and 6pm-9pm. It
being two, we figured it was free until four, didn't count again until
six and then free until eight. WRONG. We come back at five thirty
only to see a completely empty street. It was towed.To wrap this
up, we took a very speedy cab ride to the car pound and paid
$188.25 to get the car back. Add another $60 for the ticket,
and with cab fair... my dad said that was the fastest $300 he
had ever spent. However, my dad is trying to pretend that he
didn't get the car towed, the rental company did. So I'm going to
pretend that I didn't lock the keys in the car on Friday, but the rental
company did that, too :)
pretend that I didn't lock the keys in the car on Friday, but the rental
company did that, too :)















No comments:
Post a Comment