Thankfully, I usually feel very close to God,
as if He is walking the streets with us.
But it's so good to be reminded of how to seek-
how to continually wait for our Savior.
I want to be ready for it, O Come Emmanuel.
"Enlarge the place of your tent,
And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;
DO NOT SPARE;
Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes."
-Isaiah 54:2
So even though I know God is here,
I feel the humility of waiting.
It forces us to recognize we need a Saviour.
I want to prepare for Him, make room in my life,
radically shift all aspects to accommodate.
I will heed Isaiah's message and not spare anything,
I will let God work in every part of me.
I see the glory in our world, His fingerprints all over it,
but I see the distance we have to go,
before all is as it should be.
An exiled people, wandering and lonely,
we are ransomed by our Lord.
I love Advent.
"Rejoice Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to you,
O Israel."
No comments:
Post a Comment