Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The grateful list

"Do not be anxious,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
make your requests to God."
Phillipians 4:6


'Tis the season for thankfulness.
But what if we were thankful all year long?
I want that, I want a grateful heart.

This week is already shifting gears into fast-mode,
I swear Tuesday are water slides, I wake up and suddenly the week speeds by me.

And it's no news that I'm an anxiety-prone machine.

So I'm going to slow down, and start blogging my thanks.
Just the little things that make today unique.

Of course, the goal is not to just write a list, but to actually thank God.


And my goal is to continue this list all year.
"Blessings may lead us to be grateful, but they are not the heartbeat of thanksgiving. Acknowledging God's goodness in all, that is the heartbeat of gratefulness."

I'll begin today:
I am so incredibly grateful for the ways God has provided free food to Jake and I!
Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment