And now for Sunday.
A sabbath.
We slept in (again!) until 9 and the morning looked just like Saturday morning. I have such a love/hate relationship with sleeping in... feels so good, yet the day is cut short. Although there is also something to be said for waking up when it is actually sunny outside.
Another event made possible by a wedding gift was a gift certificate to Cafe Too, in Uptown.
Wow, I am now their huggest fan. (I have to plug THIS organization now, and tell you that not only does their brunch provide the cheapest deal in town but also a lifetime improvement for the people who just need someone to believe in them.)
Oh, so Cafe Too was a little crowded. We put in our name and then took our picture on a pumpkin at the market across the street to pass the time.
After brunch we meditated on the Jackson subway platform for 20 minutes, the genius idea of our darling friend Kristy. I only can aspire to be as creative as her.
Then we went to Macy's and Jake looked real good under the Christmas tree.
Then I diagnosed Jake quickly and took him to Borders for a bagel and David Sedaris. No photos were taken because we were at once very tired and overcome with tears of laughter.
Then we went to church, it was dark outside and the warm light inside really made me feel like Advent is upon us! I became very nostalgic about all the times Jake and I went to church in the past two years, during the winter, before we were married. Time? How do you do it?
Finally we came home, remember what I said about all Chicagoans being bag-people? It's called urban living, people.
(If you've read any of my posts I just want to say thanks. This little blog is really for my compulsion to document but I love sharing life with others, too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment