Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Apples!
If autumn comes to pass some year and I don't make it to an orchard, I'll feel pretty awful. I know everybody says it, but fall is and always has been my favorite season.

Back home in Michigan two weeks ago ...
We went to Crane's. It was stellar to drink hot cider while walking among the brother and sister apples of those who made my drink. Thank you, dear apples, for giving yourself to deliciousness.

Jake, my dad and I caught a ride on a little golf cart. I love the picture of us.

And since there's so much love history to celebrate in autumn, I couldn't help but take a ring photo.






Then in Iowa this past weekend ...
We picked, washed, sliced and smooshed enough apples to make 10 gallons of cider!
We brought some home but since the drive was 7 hours, I'm afraid our cider is now something akin to fermented, "hard" cider. It's still pretty delicious. And it's amazing how tasty fresh cider is with nothing but apples in it.








Most of these pictures were taken by our friend Glenna, whose boyfriend John plays in a band with Jake. When we knew we had a long drive, we immediately invited John and Glenna to keep us company and enjoy the country.

I love pears even more than apples. And squash maybe even more than pears (with olive oil and sea salt!) What is your favorite fall food?

1 comment:

  1. you are the prettiest girl ever! i love the plaid :) and the ring shot, esp. because i have a thing for apples too

    (my fiance's grandparents owned an apple farm just outside of GA and still have their house and land standing.... i dream of settling down there one day)

    pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins! x

    ReplyDelete