Saturday, October 24, 2009



As I told Harrison,
I felt like a child taking my first step.
And not only because it was being filmed.

I've been watching bands play for about six years now. I've been attending and soaking it all in, essentially taking. And tonight I gave back, tonight was my first show. Under the creative invitation and guidance of Zach, and right alongside Matt. In front of strangers and three of my best friends. Does it get any better?

I filled my first five hours of the day doing a million things, reading, cleaning, being present on my neighborhood streets.
Then I had coffee with a friend who I've been meaning to spend time with for a while, and gushed about fall. The leaves and colors, I can't take it! I'm blessed to witness such beauty.

The show was at Summer Camp, so naturally the picture for today had to be a last look at Jake's bachelor pad:
8 pm

I'm getting to the point where I want life to fast-forward. This is not a new characteristic for me, however I've been at peace about time for a while. Now I want it to fly, as I'm sure it will, if not only through pure intention.


My last note for today is a reflection on mis-matched clothes. Not a new thing for me, either. Stripes, two colors of gray and brown, cut-offs and tights. What I want to say is that I like being surprised by my clothes. I think a lot of people must not be surprised by their clothes because they know what goes with what. But when I dress by feeling, without a plan, clothes teach me that they are capable of far more than we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment