Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthdayseason


First it was January 13:


I made the traditional red velvet cake that Jake's mom has made for his dad since she was 16 and he was 17, which she went on to make for all of her children's birthdays, and I now thankfully make for Jake!
This year I got a little adventurous and made a cinnamon glaze instead of my favorite cream cheese frosting.

We had friends over to share the cake. It was one of those amazing, intimate parties where nobody else knew each other but everyone was awesome so they got along incredibly well.

We continued the celebration with a Ben & Jerry's kind of weekend.



And today it is January 18:




Gah! Look at this surprise.
Mondays are Jake's busiest day.
But not only did he walk me to
the train at 6 am, he proceeded
onwards to the grocery store,
bought ingredients for my usual
birthday cake and he made it for
me! Then he cleaned the kitchen
floor and made it to work by 9 am.
I came home to this surprise, while
"Songbird" by Eva Cassidy was
playing on repeat.
This man deserves some loving!


My mom and one little sister visited over the
weekend to celebrate our birthdays. Mom took
us to Chicago Diner. It was scrumptious!

And the next morning we took an early walk to see the ice on the lake. (I've always wanted to see the lake during the winter and I knew this would be the year because we live four blocks from the shore!)


It was stunning! So lovely.
The only thing I could wish is that my dad or the other little sister was with us.



Soon it will be January 28 and we'll be off to Michigan for a music ministry conference and a birthday celebration for the five family members with January birthdays!

I have a hayday at this party because it requires baking 5 cakes! Last year I made angelfood cake for Grandma, red velvet for Jake, and ice cream cake for uncle Mike. Mom made Grandpa a chocolate cake and aunt Jill made me a fruit tart.

Here's a picture that I adore from last year's party. It was taken a day before my real birthday, a day before Jake proposed:

Oh, to think of all the emotions and promises this pictures holds...



3 comments:

  1. "I made the traditional red velvet cake that Jake's mom has made for his dad since she was 16 and he was 17, which she went on to make for all of her children's birthdays, and I now thankfully make for Jake!"

    This is the most adorable story I've ever heard in my life, I think I might die from all the love right here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. The entire blog post, absolutely adorable! I hope you had a wonderful birthday Taylor!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest!! You totally need to hug him! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete