During an ever-so-brief stint at home this weekend, Jake and I fit in tons of family/friends/festival time.
The main reason we went back to Michigan was for a wedding. I love weddings! It was a blast hanging out with such good friends who I hadn't seen in too long of a while.
We saw my dad's new home, my aunt and uncle's new home and we went to GR's festival of the arts with my cousins (where were thankfully saw more friends.) I was incredibly nostalgic the whole time, I miss home very much.
For three years I've wanted to bring Jake to festival. This is something of what festival looks like:
We had a wonderful time but of course it wasn't long enough. I'm really praying that work will bring me back next week for a longer trip. It's sad to me that we can usually only go home for a couple of days at a time. Jake and I hope to have plenty more adventures and then someday "settle" back in Grand Rapids. Oh, how tempting it is to go back now ...
The last thing I'd like to share is the beautiful work of an artist I came across while at festival. Her prints and political views are both spot on. I got her permission to use one of her designs for my next tattoo! It's perfect:


No comments:
Post a Comment