Sunday, June 27, 2010

Notes from New York.

I've been told that reporting your whereabouts online can be dangerous, so I was hesitant to mention where Jake and I have been. But here, I've admitted it. Because I have a few thoughts on repeat in my mind that need to be released.

1. The clothing trend here is most definitely "nakedness." I've seen more bras on the streets and trains of New York than I did in my high school gym locker room.

2. The other trend is babies. There are babies everywhere! Way more babies here than in Chicago.

3. We've been doing a wonderful job of budgeting, I might add. Yesterday we spent $12. Total.

4. It's interesting to me that New York doesn't have alleys for trash, and thus it ends up along the sidewalks. I just really think all of the parallel-parked cars must make it difficult for the garbage folks to get the trash in their truck.

5. I am running on spiritual fumes. In need of a lot more slowing down and praying in my life. I planned a retreat of silence for myself this week.

So there you have it! We are loving the city. We're at home in the urban environment and really soaking up all the time to play and be with each other. In fact, we haven't left each other's side in four days. Doesn't that seem a little un-human? We are in love. And we have plenty more ideas of things to do, so I'm off. Please don't try to track me down or burgle our apartment, now that you know where we are.

However, I will urge you to come to the Les Savy Fav show tonight in Brooklyn, at the park on the dead ends of Commercial and Dupont. Jake's cousin is in the band and I'll definitely be there.

1 comment:

  1. the good news is that those cars have very strict rules and they have to move on certain mornings so that trash can be picked up. but doesn't it smell awful in the summer! euf, smelly trash.

    ReplyDelete