I admire Lauren at TheLittleThingsWeDo, so much. She is a beautiful Christ-follower who isn't afraid to get real on her blog. That said, she is also incredibly generous (maybe a little crazy) for featuring me on her blog today.
Given all of the genius domestic blogs out there, I feel immensely under-qualified to write any sort of post along the lines of cooking, cleaning or crafting. But I was so inspired by Lauren's idea that we all have a little something of advice to donate to the world. I wanted to give whatever I had. So I dug deep and I realized that while I haven't arrived at domestic genius, I am holding my ground in the domestic mediocrity party.
So that's what I wrote about. You can check it out here. I wrote for anyone who, like me, is still making strides when it comes to figuring things out. We all have to develop something that works for ourselves and our own homes. Hopefully I was helpful to someone.
* However, I should add that since I wrote that post for Lauren, our appetites and thus our food budget have swollen a little. We now spend around $180 total per month on food.
Now, for a example on how we keep our food cheap. This here is from a huge can of tomato paste I bought for less than one dollar. Whenever we want sauce, I take a few cups of this, add diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, spices ... and voila! Sauce. Much cheaper than going jar by jar.
(I tried posting a comment a moment ago, but I got an error message, so I appologize in advance if this posts twice :)
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Lauren's, I found your post very inspiring. My husband and I try to eat only organic & we attempt to cook everyday (this eating in can be overwhelming), we're still trying to master it :). That's really good that you only spend $180 on food every month!! I need to make that our new goal. I really like your blog, I'm a new follower!!
I do the exact same thing with tomato paste! ah!!
ReplyDeletehave a great wednesday!
http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/
In response to your comment on my blog, yes, I’ve done a couple cooking posts. I love to learn from my blogger friends!! I think we can all take great lessons from each other. I really look forward to all the wonderful (insightful) posts on your pretty blog :)
ReplyDelete