Intangible T h a n k s .
Seasonably, I'd like to celebrate some gratitude this week. And while it would be easy for me to list a multitude of tangible things I am thankful for (family, friends, my bed, my shoes, shampoo) I want to stretch myself a little. I'm going to reflect on the the invisible blessings in my life. Beginning with numero uno.
#1. When people trust me with their secrets.
My entire life I've been entrusted with secrets. I'm not sure how people come to trust me, but they do, and I am so thankful. Sometimes I feel like a walking safe--a world exists inside my knowledge that nobody else has a hint about.
Sure, it feels good to be the one people trust. I'm just glad when anyone has someone.
And the really best part is when my friends are done sharing their story, they pause and look at me and ask me to keep this, I smile and nod of course and a little wave relaxes over their face. For a few seconds right there, something wonderful is spinning slowly and security is gentle.
One secret, finding its hiding place where it can rest and breathe, that is the sign of something good.
No comments:
Post a Comment