Sunday, November 7, 2010

One year ago today ...

I said "I do" to the absolute most wonderful man on the planet.

We both agree that it feels like we've been married our whole lives. 
In the good kind of way.
Jake planned a special little getaway for us this weekend and I am so thankful.

Thankful for much-needed relaxing time to just be alone, together.
Thankful that we love each other more today than we did a year ago.
Thankful for all we've learned, thankful that we're still in this together.




Last weekend we played dress-up to take anniversary pictures & that picture of my wedding shoes means so much to me. They really show their wear and tear from being one year old. Marriage is hard. But oh so worth it. We are a team, fighting for the good in life and reveling in it when it comes. It is a joy to be on the same team as my Jake.


[Fabulous photos by our dear, dear friend Oriana.]

3 comments:

  1. mmmm. congratulations. i love that first photo of you all leaning in and kissing. and i love that you're shoes are worn and loved. to all the years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute. I love that last photo. I'm so happy to be your friends and so happy to celebrate your anniversary with you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so gorgeous and so special.

    i hope to be happily married as you two birds in love xoxo

    ps. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tattoo and the meaning behind it. so pretty! thanks for playing along... i just posted :)

    ReplyDelete