I've been sort of keeping my distance on this blog because I'm trying to figure out what to make of it.
Why do we blog? I don't know. For now I'm resigning myself to not knowing. Because I always end up coming back, for whatever reason. What I do know is that it's very entertaining to read other blogs, so I feel somewhat obliged to put my own stuff out there in return. And of course, writing is how I open the hatch and let these compressed thoughts come swirling out.
So other than blogging about blogging ... I thought I would get a little closer to this blog by doing one of those "things you may not know" posts on my blog. (I had to say blog one more time in that sentence.)
For inspiration, I asked Jake to tell me what to share. So here you have it.
1. I like the way skin smells in the sun. My Californian childhood afforded me the association of sun-warmed skin and good memories of family time outside. My own skin smells very similar to my dad's. I felt awesome the day I discovered that.
2. I refused braces.
3. I don't like to shop. It frustrates Jake because I'll stand at the entrance of a store, scan the room and walk away. Jake is much better at digging for gems. I should say that I really do love grocery shopping.
4. My dad built my bed. It's magical. Go to my old blog to see a photo. I designed the bed with my dad, he made it with such fine detail and without any metal, it's all wood. I am so proud of it, and proud of my dad. I am grateful. My bed is already an heirloom.
5. I drink skim milk because it has more protein than any other kind--even soy.
6. I sleep better when an alarm is set.
I hope that was fun for you to read. Was it?
What else should I blog about?
You have a new blog-look! I like it. That's an adorable photo of you and Jake.
ReplyDeleteAnd your bed is awesome! Is it living in Michigan waiting for a bigger apartment?
im not sure why i blog either but i do love reading about other peoples lives and what they live for.
ReplyDeleteI agree, blogging is funny but it i always such a treat to read yours. I actually started my blog because I absolutely loved reading yours, however, I have lost things to say and post and I dont feel like I ever have time or inspiration. I wish I had a way with words like you do.
ReplyDeleteI love all the bible verses you post and your thoughts on God. I also share your passion for baking and cooking. I also love when you talk about your new married life, its so fun and honest and lovely to read as I hope to get married soon.
keep the amazing work up :)