When I finally stepped outside, I immediately felt like Elijah crawling out of the cave.
The wind had increased drastically since my walk earlier in the morning. The wind wildly pushed my hair across my face. And even though I was stepping outside, I felt like I was walking into my home. I was walking into history. I was profoundly aware of my connection to the story of the relationship between an earth and its God.
As Elijah waited to hear from God, "a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD."
And next comes the still small voice.
This week I am been stunned at the idea that our creator, the one who made us, the one who saved us from slavery in egypt, the one who sent us a savior, that He still lives. He still pursues this world, His masterpiece.
Sometimes I get on the train and I am overwhelmed at the thought of how much God loves every single soul in the train car. So much so that I love them too! And I get excited. And I can't understand how much more God loves everyone.
As I waited to hear from God, on the porch this morning in fierce wind and pale yellow light, I thought, "probably we're on the brink of something big."
this is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI value that you listen so intently to God.
Isn't it an amazing feeling that God somehow knows and loves us all? I cherish that thought.
This really is so beautiful, and you don't know me but I wanted to say thanks for your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteProbably we're on the brink of something big . . . .
I love that.