and it is my responsibility to restore it because I know no one else sees the pieces,
let alone that the pieces are out of place.
let alone that the pieces are out of place.
When I wake up in the morning, something “clicks” in my brain, the switch is flipped.
All of a sudden I am fully aware that the kitchen counter must be wiped,
the printer and speaker cables are facing in unparalleled angles,
the welcome mat needs to be shaken,
the floor must be swept,
our stacks of books are leaning too far,
I put a bag of brown sugar on the wrong shelf,
and there are too many shoes in our shoe basket.
All of a sudden I am fully aware that the kitchen counter must be wiped,
the printer and speaker cables are facing in unparalleled angles,
the welcome mat needs to be shaken,
the floor must be swept,
our stacks of books are leaning too far,
I put a bag of brown sugar on the wrong shelf,
and there are too many shoes in our shoe basket.
These things call me, beckon me to fix them. And they are so hard to resist.
Because everyone knows the weight of an unbalanced puzzle piece is tangible.
Because everyone knows the weight of an unbalanced puzzle piece is tangible.
"When I tried to understand this,
it was oppressive to me
until I entered the sanctuary of God ..."
Psalm 73: verses 16&17
My controlling nature clearly communicates a lack of faith in God. I'm working on this.
I know a few people with OCD, and it seems to me that you control it well. As much as I want to say that it can be cute and add a quirkyness--I have also seen out how it has overtaken others lives. It is such a great thing how aware of it you are...
ReplyDelete:)