Monday, April 4, 2011

|All about cake|

My cutie friend is getting married!
And she, Elspeth, chose lucky me to attend her final cake tasting at Yum Cakes on Saturday.
We were offered fancy water bottles and devoured not a few cupcakes.
My favorite was the pralines and almond cake with a tiny macaron on top!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then,
I woke up on Sunday and saw the recipe for my favorite cake on my kitchen table. Jake had unearthed it while organizing our closet (yes, he rocks). That cake sounded divine, so it being the sabbath and all, I dug right in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wish I could give you the recipe, but this is one time I don't feel I have the right. The recipe was created by my aunt's mother-in-law for all of her children's birthdays. I will say this, it is a rich, dense cake with coffee in it, and frosting that tastes like pudding! I need to come up with some holiday or reason to make this at least once per month.

Welcome to the week, everyone.

PS: I get to wear a Shabby Apple dress when I am in Elspeth's wedding!

1 comment: