Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Family Sleepover // Special Guests in Town

Photobucket

La casa Jake & Taylor became la casa to the traveling Pye family this weekend!
We hosted Owen, Jillian and Cash over for a family sleepover, and it rocked. Four adults and a baby crashing in a studio, waking up early, strong coffee and rounds of banana pancakes with a side of chitter chatter. I felt our tiny apartment brimming with the warmth of new friends and shared passions. I'm so thankful we had the chance to connect, and that Owen got to play here in Chicago. (And clearly Cash was the highlight of the visit.)

Photobucket
Photobucket

The day I first found Jillian's blog, I noticed they were touring all around but didn't have a show planned in Chicago. So I emailed her. And things were rolling by that evening. Jake booked some of our musically gifted friends to play with Owen and held the show at a church/venue in our neighborhood. I was really touched to see all of our friends who came out, and to see neighbors trickle in whom we didn't know.

It's incredible to meet a couple the same age as us, believing hard and working hard.
This is such a precious time in life and the Pyes are an inspiration.
It was so sweet to talk honestly with Jillian (late into the night) about everything;
so sweet to recognize this growing stage in our lives, old and youthful at once.
I can't wait to see what their family experiences in this amazing season of music.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy trails, Pye family!
Love, us

3 comments:

  1. Cash is adorable! I wish I could have made it to that concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a fun show - what a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is SO cute! we downloaded the rend collective cd. let me know if you want me to mail you a copy! so good! =].

    ReplyDelete