I don't have another edition of "Where I've Been" for you because this past weekend both Jake and I were home! Nuts, I know. It was a busy weekend ... Jake had a show, we went to a first birthday pool party, and we spent a great day with our friend's parents in the suburbs! But it was so grounding to be at home. I'm especially thankful for the time Jake and I had together because I think all of our evenings are booked (without each other) this week, and after a camping trip this weekend we'll both be separate ways for two weeks. He'll be in Mississippi and I'll be in Madison, and when we get back there might be some exciting news to report. But that's not until the end of the month.
Well I don't know if you've ever noticed, but I have a whole category for posts about the sun. I love the sun, it totally affects my mood. I notice more of the world when it's sunny outside. We had those awfully hot days here in Chicago and now we're into some brisk, sunny days. And this is my favorite kind of weather. Brisk and sunny.
So I thought I'd share my little summer time driving playlist for you, in honor of the sun.
Hear me now, I would never suggest you have a car in Chicago. I know some people love it, but it's far too expensive and needy if you ask me, and I love reading on the train. But Jake's job more or less requires he have a car (isn't that illegal?) and we're SO thankful for his job. So, here I am, a car owner in the city. The best things about having a car are in the winter time when Jake drops me off at the house and I don't have to find a parking spot with him ... and driving with the windows down on Lake Shore Drive! Oh, beauty. So here you go, this is what I've been bopping to:
Chris always drops me off at home while searching for parking as well-it's a good thing. : p
ReplyDeleteooooOOHhh! possible exciting news. like that.
ReplyDeletemy fries are NEVER crisp!! i don't quite understand it but i guess i've just accepted at this point that it will always happen...