





The Head & The Heart opened for Iron and Wine, who I've seen once before. It was tons of fun to look across the sea of millions of people and find a familiar face, I ran into old roommates, coworkers, friends, everyone!
It was strikingly clear who was there for the music, and who was there to tease their hair between iPhone photo shoots. And while I can quickly become cynical, I had to stop myself. There we were, just a bunch of young people enjoying being young. I'm not above it at all. Besides, I've never turned down good people watching.
PS: It got dark much earlier in the evening at The Books show last year, nearly this same time.
That looks so warm and fun! Yay summer! I was just thinking of you this morning and how you run into someone you know everwhere!
ReplyDeleteahhh! i wish we could have found each other! i definitely enjoyed the head & the heart more than iron & wine...i just haven't been a fan of their newer stuff i guess!
ReplyDelete:)