I used to be pretty fly in high school.
I always listened to the most underground music.
And I was way more fashionable back then:



At 18 I moved out of my parents' house to study science journalism at Columbia College Chicago.
All of the sudden I was surrounded by kids who listened to way weirder music, and were far better dressed than I.
No, I never saw a single pair of sweats or hoodies in my college lectures.
Also, I was living in a big city whose air was filled with noise constantly. I lived right downtown in the loop. I loved the city, I still do. But the noise was an adjustment. I am easily overstimulated by my surroundings, so when I came back to my dorm in the evenings silence was just the ticket. And then I stopped listening to music all together.
I've come a few steps back toward fashion (maybe) and music. For now I'm happy with my uniform dark jeans and white v-neck.
And I'm keeping up this silence-in-the-room thing.
"All of the sudden I was surrounded by kids who listened to way weirder music, and were far better dressed than I.
ReplyDeleteNo, I never saw a single pair of sweats or hoodies in my college lectures."
You could not have summed up Columbia College more accurately. Ha.