I have to admit something, because I'm feeling pretty guilty.
I do not feel like a graduating senior by any standards.
At least not as far as my life goes this week, because I'm one
of those slinking little students who got all of her work done
days ago, has been sleeping great, is getting paid to do nothing,
hardly has as finals to study for and isn't stressed.
Not to mention the whole marriage thing already started to
make me feel like a grown-up more than graduation has.
So, while I feel like some kind of cheap con, I can at least
say I've done something typical of a graduate; I received
my cap and gown. (By the way, the word gown ... really?)
I went with my friend Lisa and we filled out a really long
exit survey about our entire time at Columbia. It was then
I realized how incredibly special it is to be in college. Then.

Other than that, my mind has been a little
confused about what to do with all this
free time.
My mind has also been thinking about the
following quote ... a lot:
"The settled happiness and security which we all desire, God withholds from us by the very nature of the world: but joy, pleasure, and merriment, He has scattered broadcast. We are never safe, but we have plenty of fun, and some ecstasy.
It is not our hard to see why. The security we crave would teach us to rest our hearts in this world and oppose an obstacle to our return to God: a few moments of happy love, a landscape, a symphony, a merry meeting with our friends, a bathe or a football match, have no such tendency.
Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home."
C.S. Lewis
Taylor you were in my dream last night! We were about to go rollerblading and that's about all I can remember.
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best of luck this last week! I also wish you we're hanging around the J dept for a little while longer ...