Thursday, May 6, 2010

so this is graduation?

A roughly estimated 10 hours stand between me and my diploma. Insane.
I wish I had some coherent thought to record for myself -- other than the prayers and scrap notions strewn about on napkins and notebook corners.
I'll try.


The bumps in my ears may have gone down but my left eyelid has fluttered side-to-side viciously for three weeks.

Had a great day with Olivia and my sis yesterday, it felt like the weekend. My whole internal clock is wrought. I woke up at 6 this morning, I was confused but it was lovely. Lovely to slip into the shower and have my coffee while watching my husband, best friend and sister all asleep and breathing gently in the studio.

My feet are dirty but I just can't stop wearing my cute new sandals.

Wish I could have gone with my coworker to the biotech conference this week.

Cap and gown on Tuesday.

It's a lot easier to be peaceful and patient knowing this is my last night as a copy editor.

Learned a whole lot about Fidel Castro about an hour ago.

Am now discussing my favorite words to pronounce with my coworkers; brilliant, headquarters, pronounce.

And the etymology of the word headquarters? Lisa's determined it.

Gratefulness abounds.

Great Lake Swimmers and Xavier Rudd soothe me today.

I wrote a sentimental, final column and I'm not too sure about it.

Oh yeah, and tomorrow marks six months of marriage. Well I'll be.

My calendar for May is crazy, but I'm craving stillness and closeness.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! for so many things!

    graduation is such a big accomplishment. i'm glad you can experience peace tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete