Monday, May 17, 2010


I'm going to break some new ground here.

I'm going to talk about
obsessive compulsive disorder.
Namely, mine.


Because I'm at the end of my rope, and
I have a feeling (I hope) blogging will
do me some good. Or, in the chance
someone can commiserate, I really hope
it will do them some good.

I journal about this privately, I talk with
Jake about it and sometimes I share it
with friends. But in those cases, my thought
feels like dusty, old, non-news.
Journalists hate non-news.

So I'm hoping that blogging will air these
used rags out. I'm desperate to approach
it in a new way.

I also have to say I was very inspired by
She has long been writing about something
like this, her own hurdle.

But are they really so different? Everyone
has a mountain to climb. And some of us
wake up to the same mountain every morning.
I stare mine down daily, in hopes of blazing a
trail with my eyes.


One of the qualities that makes OCD
so hard to decipher is that it's such
an all-encompassing element for me.
OCD often effects (sometimes
determines) how I approach my job,
my priorities and my faith.
It would be wonderful to someday be
able to distinguish between what's
really me and what's imposed on me.

Another thing I question is if recovery
is an actual possibility. I used to think
so. I have experienced great moments
of relief thanks to prayer. But at times,
I can only hope to find a way to live
around this ... or in it but not under it.
It might always be a part of me.

Then, what now?
Oh, my friends, I hope to discover.

1 comment:

  1. Always remember your an amazing person; who is yourself. You do things for you, and how your doing nothing wrong by being yourself. <3

    Much love, xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete