why did i have to leave you when i was 9,
before the age when i could realize that nowhere is perfect?
because now you remain in my mind,
the place where my childhood memories of perfect days are anchored.
memories of sun, bright yellow and moody gray.
memories of three tiny, redhead sisters who played well together.
california, you've enchanted us,
we've all gone back ... and back ... and back.
but it will never be quite like it was.
photo of my darling babiest sis at the beach in the winter.
i know what you mean--perfection in childhood and all.... but california is pretty great. i would love to live there for a time.
ReplyDeleteI love that picture! It's so....california. Not that I know too much about it, but it's what I imagine when I think of it. :) When I'm not thinking of LC and the Hills...
ReplyDeleteThat's how I feel about DC. I miss living there so! Come to think of it...It's been far too long since I've been to California...And now the OC theme song is in my head. HA!
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you! I'm so glad you like it. And thanks for finding a fellow chicagoan. I love it as well.
ReplyDeleteCalifornia is wonderful. I've only been a few times but, what a place. I'd be interested in going to Eureka-I hear its amazing up there.
Keep in touch!
allysa