Thursday, August 19, 2010

Well friends, my laptop was stolen from me last night.
I'm sorry to share that bad news, but I feel it pertinent to my story.
I'm not going to say anything else about last night,
but I am sure I'll be processing the incident for a long time.

I feel violated. I want justice.

But here's the thing,
next week I start full-time missionary work like I never have before.
And something inside of me believes this robbery was an act of
our adversary, who is trying his best to derail God's plans.
And that simply won't happen.

I am praying my guts out for forgiveness,
Forgive us, oh Lord, our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass us.

I'm fearful of the anger that quickly sent
a poisonous root through my heart.
Is there such thing as a weed killer for the heart?
Pray for me friends, if you will, please.

We all need forgiveness.

There were three post-its on the bottom
of my laptop, I wrote on them in blue pencil,
"Give praise"
"Give glory"
"Give thanks".

I hope those words mean something
to whoever has my computer now.

I hope to hold on to those words still.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Taylor! You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ... what is going on with people these days?!

    I feel sick about this, I cannot believe it. I am very glad YOU are safe, though. I will certainly be keeping this in my thoughts - stay strong, I know you can!

    ReplyDelete