Today, I am feeling very young. I feel green, twiggy, wick.
There are so many older women whom I look up to, but perhaps looking up for too long made me dizzy. Because I look back down and am sometimes confused to find that I am not 29, I am not a mother, I'm just starting my career, I'm not 25, I'm not even 22.
Inspired by a brainstorming session at work yesterday, I came home brimming with excitement at the though of seeing Jake mature as a godly man.
He already is such a role model to me, he is profoundly thoughtful and he is diligent in prayer. But he is still so young! And for now, it's perfect.
Today, being young and having so far to go is perfect!
The sight of adventures and growing pains is endearing. Recently, I've been far too afraid to face those adventures. And who can be both worrisome and productive at once? Not I.
So today, I resolve to enjoy life's hardships (and joys) as I grow up along side the love of my life. Now is our time. I will rejoice in our youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment