you have a target on your back.
After my laptop was stolen,
I quickly wrote and designed a new version of the overdue prayer letter that I owe to those who have committed to pray for our work with InterVarsity.
I quickly remade a power point and three-fold pamphlet for presentations.
I updated my major database.
All on Jake's laptop,
which crashed the second I finished work today.
It doesn't matter if you are getting paid to be a missionary, or not,
you have a target on your back. And you know why things go bad
at the most inopportune times. And you know Who is in control.
This is all to witness, that when you do the Lord's work,
you are in great company.
I could not continue on without my coworkers, diligent ministers themselves, with their own battles. I could not do this without my teammate, my husband.
This is all to witness, that when you realize how desperately you need God, you are not ashamed to sing loud praises or pray in Jesus' name in public.
"By your endurance you will gain your souls."
Luke 21:19
i've had that same sort of thing happen countless times. but i always tell myself that god won't let more happen than i can handle!
ReplyDeleteWill your job require you to be at Columbia often when school is back in session? If so, some sort of coffee date downtown sounds about perfect.
ReplyDeleteIf not let's make other plans!