Monday, August 23, 2010

We've arrived at late summer, my dears.
And we're all boggled, I'm sure.

I long deeply for fall.
I am an old house, creeking as I settle.
I crave some peace and maturity,
crisp air and romatic candles.

If my summer was a Picasso,
I want autumn to be a Rembrandt.


All that, and still ... let it not pass to soon.
I had dreams of drowning in summer,
and I've got some vitality in me, yet.

I'm not going to light a spiced candle for
another three weeks.
And in these three weeks, I plan to:
drink iced tea, go swimming every week,
have three picnics, take evening walks,
play Mungo Jerry, and see the sun rise.





What last bits of summer will you pursue in the coming weeks?

1 comment:

  1. mungo jerry - yes! in the summertime has been on my playlist all summer long.

    and fear not, i'm holding the pan with BOTH hands :)

    ReplyDelete