Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yann Tiersen!!!

That's how I feel when mentioning this musician. I first looked into him after hearing his work on the Amelie soundtrack, and began to appreciate his other compositions immensely.
Jake and I both had our birthdays in January {22 and 23} so Jake got us tickets to Yann's show which was coming to town. What a fabulous gift! The show was incredible! I might have embarrassed my friends a little by getting so excited--especially for this song:




That video is not from the Chicago show. I was too busy soaking in the live experience to take a substantial video. If you want to look further into Yann Tiersen's work, I highly suggest the albums Le Phare and Dust Lane.

Here is a great, blurry picture of some of the cute faces I know who also came to the show ... a photo of Yann himself who was difficult to capture ... and the final photo to show you what it looks like from a short person's vantage.














































2 comments:

  1. That short person shot looks very familiar... from about every other concert I've been to in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you can tell by the discrepancy between the last two photos that we did get to move closer. but i'm still not one to pass on an educational :)

    ReplyDelete