Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Autumn in Chicago: guest post by All This Grace and Charm

I love Chicago.
I love autumn.
I love the real people I know who blog.
So I combined all of these things to create a lovely series of real, Chicago, falltime celebration happiness!

I found Carly Anne's blog when she posted a tour of Chicago elsewhere. Since then we've connected on similar views of city life and even the same alma mater. Her ideas for experiencing fall in Chicago are almost as bold as she is ...


via
Fall is easily my favorite season in Chicago.
My autumn allegiance, I'd say, is partially in response to a hipster affinity for the nostalgic and too many years spent in vintage apartments so charmingly in tact that their wiring systems allowed for nary a window air conditioner. 
Anyway, among the fall activities that I enjoy most is the Nettelhorst French Market, held each Saturday through November first at Broadway and Melrose.
I used to attend as a single gal, when I lived directly across the street. And, while I can't recommend that single gals--especially of the neurotic variety--visit, less they be rushed into an ohmygosh I'm going to die alone kind of panic at the site of married folks picking out bunches of flawless chrysanthemums and jugs of organic apple cider, I can confidently say that the whole scene is charming and allows one to purchase loads of fall produce without breaking the bank. 
I highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment