Friday, April 23, 2010

Every time I'm in the library at school, I think of my great friend Kristy. Kristy, remember how often we saw each other there? You worked at the library and I loved to visit you.

Remember the first time I saw you when I came back from Mexico and we whispered for a half hour about traveling? You had recently been in London and Prague. Now you're gone again.

You're in Paris, just being and writing as wonderfully as ever. I wish I could leave a comment for you, but since I cannot, you get an entire post. (Others: do yourself a favor and spend some time reading that tumblr.)

Kristy, as happy as I am for you (and for Paris who has you), I am jealous and selfish and I want you home! It's time to make dill hummus with the windows open and have picnics and peel huge pieces of wax candle off your table in our long skirts.

I was reading in the library this week and each creak of the floor had my eyes jotting up, looking for you. Remember how I used to scare you between the aisles?

Some places will indefinitely be host to the trail of memories we leave behind.

-In other news, 24 hours of prayer for this city begin at 2 today. Together, professional artists and art students will keep vigil, Jake and I will be spending the night on site. I'm really hoping to find some revelation in regards to that post below.


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is beautiful. As soon as i began reading I was captivated by your thoughtful writing and sentiments, definitely a new favourite ♥

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete