Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Filling the hours between class on Tuesdays is a joy. Today I scored the much sought-after leather chair in Barnes & Noble. I read for quite a while. Then I took a bus to Trader Joe's and meandered. I was that person, trying not to get in anyone's way, but still intentionally moving slow, because the abundance of produce comforts me. I walked in the sun, enjoyed the company of the river and its bridges, the Medinah Temple and the used book store. These are the things that catch my eye when I walk because I have a relationship with them. My reflection in a black window caught my attention, I turned back to see the walking traffic light, breathed deeply and smiled. I thought, "This is my Chicago."

* I realize how individualistic this sounds. I'm just struck by how personal such a big city can become.

1 comment: