Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ode to a courtyard relationship

Good morning! This is exactly how close my neighbors are. If I stick my head out the window and to the right, I can quickly see the street, trees, grass, other forms of life. But this is my direct view to the outside, no zoom.

From here I can watch the landlord repair a floor, see who is moving in, hear each alarm clock go off in the morning and even the movement of a vague visage showering catches my eye. Sometimes I feel like we don't even live across the courtyard but that we live in one house, and we all get ready together in the morning.

The best part is that because everyone is afraid of being watched (or perhaps afraid of being caught watching) they all close their blinds. This means we get to keep our blinds pulled straight to the top and all the way open!

2 comments:

  1. This made me think of Hitchcock's "Rear Window" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great dreamy post! i would love that.

    you're so cute :)

    ReplyDelete