Thursday, April 8, 2010

I do not feel so strong today.
I am not sure what it is, and I don't
recall the last time I felt like this.
But whatever it is, I hope it passes
before anything sweeps under me,
because I know I wouldn't be well-
equipped to weather it.

The only thing I can guess is that
perhaps those low, grey skies out
my window are inflicting me. And
I can just see my love's sweet face
right now, reminding me that we
never could be Portland or Seattle
bound. Neither of us could take it.
(Like he did on Saturday when it
rained.) Better to think it's a thing
external than internal, right?

I don't know what it is, but it's
making me hold tight to this
quiet moment and to thoughts of
loved ones. Praise God for being
everlasting! The ONE who does not
shake.

Yesterday I was thinking about how
we are only hungry because food and
this need for consumption exists. We
would never be hungry if it weren't so.
And time?
Who isn't harried by time? It goes by
us too fast, too slow, it boggles us. I
know it's because the essence of us is
not confined to earthly bodies but
timeless beings, beings of eternity.
Time would never strike us so odd if
it were the only thing we knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment