Monday, April 5, 2010

we've really got to celebrate life more


... because yesterday was so much fun, because the tomb was EMPTY, and because I truly don't believe our culture celebrates enough.



Here is Jake in his Easter best, on our way to church. (He thinks this is a funny picture but I adore it!)

Here is nearly half of our dear, dear church. Sometimes we're slow to start the service because we just really like to relax and enjoy each other's presence.

Here is my friend Sarah who spent her first Easter with us. I couldn't be more thankful!

And this is our new reminder of the season. In older Christian worship, called liturgy, Easter is more than just one day, it is a season. (The same with Christmas!)
So now that Lent is over for us, Jake and I are trying to observe Easter by placing a life-giving reminder around home. I wanted a symbol to put by our door so we could be sent out each day with a reminder of the season.
So last night when the altar bouquet was up for grabs -- somewhere between singing, eating too much and belly laughs -- I seized that blessing!
Those branches were fillers too beautiful to throw away so I mounted them on the wall with a nail and a twist-tie. Constantly seeing them has already made a huge difference for me.


Here is the bouquet. I didn't have a vase big enough so I had to take some of the branches out -- not sure where I'll put them yet -- and I put the flowers in our biggest French press.

*

I have high hopes for this week. I have eliminated the 's' word (stress) from my vocabulary and I am armed with a schedule to conquer these last few weeks of school. Also, I just found out that there will be a farmers market on our street every Sunday this summer! And did I mention the tomb was empty? What more inspiring things could fill a lady's heart?

1 comment:

  1. I'm celebrating the incredible cuteness of your Easter hat!

    ReplyDelete