Sunday, July 11, 2010

NYC - Day 6, aka Lotso Pics Day, aka Macaron Day

On day six, Jake attended a national conference about volunteering and community development while I played with our cutie friend Jess, who was previously spotted in Times Square.

But first I wandered alone around Columbus Circle.


Then, on his lunch break ... first we took Jake to the walk-in clinic because he caught an eye infection! Then we had lunch at a nifty place called Switch, somewhere just outside of the West Village. I developed a certain adoration for their lime-sauced soy beans.

While walking with Jess, I was obsessed with fire escape ladders. I'll spare you the other 20 pictures and just share this one. Jess took me to the rockin Highline! She also treated me to gelato because she spoils me.




Jess and I went to the Chelsea Market. I loved it! Books and fine foodie treats. I bought macarons from one of the bakeries in the market, thinking I'd treat Jess back and have my first taste of the popular dessert in one fell swoop. The cookies weren't bad ... but Jess kindly insisted we seek out a slightly finer macaron from a bakery in the Time Warner building.

Upon tasting a Bouchon macarron, I realized Jess was just being nice and mild earlier. She really should have called me a sluggard for settling for any cookie so far below the Bouchon experience. Jake joined us for the relishing of the real macarons. We three perched on a cracked rock in Central Park and ate ourselves into sugary oblivion.



Shortly after, Jess had to leave us. Jake and I spent the rest of the evening in the West Village and layer getting lost between Washington Square park and NYU. It was a very peaceful, 3 hour walk. We had our last meal at a cafe called Recess and it was delish.





No comments:

Post a Comment