NYC- The Last Day. It's been a real trip to follow these pictures, eh?
Waking up after our night with Keith and his buddies was a little brutal. (Although they galavanted around the city from 11 pm - 7 am, so I have no room to speak.) We were out the door by 9:30 anyway, and on our way to the famed Babycakes, producers of healthy treats. I had an agave-sweetened pumpkin loaf that somehow filled me up all day long.
We spent about an hour relaxing in Washington Square Park. Jake and I love reading aloud to each other, this time we read David Sedaris. The lawn sprinklers came on for second, causing flocks of business-clad men and women to escape, Whole Foods lunch bag in hand.
We walked over to 7th Ave and visited Syd at his office. Walked to the West Village in search of Taim "the best falafel," for lunch. It was the best falafel. We walked all around the village, had an iced mocha at Chocolate Bar. We walked back up to both the Highline and Chelsea Market, since Jake hadn't been. We walked a lot for being as tired as we were.
Spent our last night babysitting Lyla and Nigel. Jake read to Lyla for probably two hours, please note how all of her "friends" are sitting upright, facing out, to hear the stories. We brushed our teeth and washed our faces like secret spies, so as not to wake Nigel.
i've loved following the pictures. a taste of home while i'm away. and i'm so jealous that you got to go to babycakes--i've been meaning to go for years now!
ReplyDeleteand thank you for the picture of the vespa. it's stored away in my inspiration file.
xo.
I've loved this vicarious trip to NYC! I can't get over those cute little babies (and all their "friends" listening to the story). And I love that last photo of the skyline from the plane!
ReplyDeleteit looks like you guys had a really nice time.
ReplyDeletethe stuffed animals all facing out are too cute. i love how young children think their toys and dolls are real!
these pictures were a little vacation for me through the long days! =]. it looks like you had a wonderful trip, which makes me even more excited for nick & my little trip to see you & jake!
ReplyDelete